The faculty and staff of of Ecole Bilingue de Berkeley are the cornerstone of the remarkable education we provide to our students. Our employees are part of a diverse, mission-driven and highly collaborative team. They are innovative, hard-working, and friendly.
We seek team members who share our values and mission, have a passion for education, focus on students, and seek challenging and rewarding careers. Candidates interested in applying to teaching, academic support, and administrative positions can do so by email.
To support and nurture our employees, we offer a generous package benefits, including:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Sick leave
- 5% 403(b) contribution, no matching required
- Generous paid vacation and holidays
- Professional development opportunities
- Short term and long term disabilities insurance
Information for Applicants
Candidates will need to show flexibility, diplomacy, and a strong sense of personal responsibility and teamwork. Proficiency in French is desired, as well as a mastery of new technologies.
Applications must contain the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Employment Application Form
- Motivation Questionnaire
- Description of the candidate’s educational philosophy (1 paragraph)
- Photocopies of main diplomas and credentials
- Photocopies of appropriate certificates and recommendation letters
Send completed applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. (No phone calls.)
Exchange Visitor Program (J1 Visa)
Ecole Bilingue de Berkeley is a designated Exchange Visitor Program Sponsor for Teachers. Over the past five decades, EB has received dozens of foreign teachers, mainly from France. These exchanges enrich participants and the school.
These teachers act as ambassadors of their home countries, sharing with colleagues and students their own culture and "savoir faire". In turn, they receive a unique opportunity to gain:
- First hand experience with American society and culture
- Refined professional skills through exposure to a new educational philosophy
- Better professional and conversational knowledge of the English language
Once they complete the program and return to their respective home countries, our foreign teachers are able to share their newly acquired knowledge and experiences with their peers.They help foster mutual understanding between people of the U.S. and people of their home country.
Teachers first apply to current openings at EB, then complete the J1 application process with EB sponsorship.
Ecole Bilingue de Berkeley, as an equal opportunity employer, does not discriminate in its hiring of employees on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship, marital or veteran status, age, or disability. We actively seek diversity in our faculty and staff. When hired, a background (livescan) check for all employees is mandatory by the state.