Alumni Spotlight Award
EB seeks to recognize and honor alumni who have distinguished themselves through significant contributions in their work and life, and who have positively impacted their communities through professional, public service and/or civic activities.
Alumni Spotlight Award Recipients
2020 Recipient: Dr. Lisa Schipper, class of 1986
Dr. Schipper embodies EB values as she strives to tackle one of the largest issues currently facing the planet: climate change. As a social scientist at the Environmental Change Institute in the School of Geography and the Environment at Oxford University, she currently conducts research to better understand the relationship between climate change and development. Learn more about Lisa.
2019 Recipient: Eli Marienthal, class of 2000
Eli Marienthal was chosen for his impact connecting Bay Area youth with nature and guiding them through the transition to adulthood, and his desire to be a positive force for good in the world. Learn more about Eli.
2018 Recipient: Iliana Montauk 1997
Iliana Montauk was chosen as the first Alumni Spotlight Award recipient for her entrepreneurial spirit, her financial, social, and feminist impact in Gaza's tech sector, and her desire to be a positive force for change. Learn more about Iliana.
Criteria for nomination
- Nominees should have completed at least 3 years at EB.
- Nominees are representatives of the school and should be held to an appropriate standard of ethical and personal conduct, in concert with the values of the school.
- Nominees should be nominated by someone other than themselves. The nominator does not need to be an EB alumnus or affiliated with EB.
- Nominees should not be current staff or faculty members of EB.
- Nominees should embody the mission of EB.
Nominations for the 2021 Alumni Spotlight Award are currently open! Please nominate an EB alum by January 31, 2021. If you know of someone you would like to nominate, please fill out the Nomination Form.