Committees of the Board
The Board of Directors has a number of standing and ad hoc committees composed of trustees, parents, and community members selected based on the skills that they bring.
Deepen the Programs Committee
This Committee coordinates the school's academic and development curriculum. Members of this committee assess and make recommendations to the head of school and its pedagogical leadership team on the following areas:
- Provide a superior bilingual education by reinforcing foundational content areas across grade levels, including math and science, and promoting cross-disciplinary learning through STEAM.
- Differentiate learning to respond to student needs and actively engage learners, giving them more powerful choices.
- Strengthen our school wide social-emotional learning program.
- Develop and implement a school-wide focus on experiential and project-based learning.
- Foster a community of bilingual and multicultural learners though harmonized teaching practices and provide team teaching opportunities.
- Provide a dynamic professional development program for our faculty.
Advance the School Committee
This Committee coordinates the parents' experience at the school. Members of this committee assess and make recommendations to the head of school and its advancement team on the following areas:
- Become the cultural Francophone hub of the East Bay.
- Broaden the admissions pipeline through creating new entry points while maintaining consistency with our core mission and value proposition.
- Establish, communicate, and execute a value proposition aligned with our core mission, optimally realized throughout the student and family experience from the first point of contact to graduation and beyond.
- Set a course for development and admissions efforts that helps support various growing and sustainable revenue streams.
Enhance our Finance and Facilities Committee
This Committee coordinates the school's finance and facilities planning. Members of this committee assess and make recommendations to the head of school and its business and operations team on the following areas:
- Develop a strategic financial plan that supports this strategic plan and optimizes our capacity and revenue in order to enhance our programs and sustain our school.
- Enhance our faculty and staff compensation in order to recruit, develop, and sustain our excellent faculty and staff.
- Investigate space expansion and economization options within our existing school footprint.
- Enhance our existing school facilities in order to improve the learning experience.
- Improve the exterior and outdoor environment of our Middle School.
- Improve the exterior of our Lower School.
- Upgrade interior ambience of both campuses order to harmonize.
- Improve and renovate the restrooms throughout the school.
- Enhance the security of our campuses.
- Investigate further greening and sustainability initiatives that we may undertake as part of our renovation and maintenance process.
This committee coordinates the school’s independent audit, alongside the school's business and finance team.