EB was founded by a group of dedicated parents and volunteering is still an essential part of school life.
Parents frequently ask how they can be involved in their child’s life at school and how they can lend their support. There are so many ways for you to participate and make a difference in the lives of our students!
One crucial way is by volunteering on behalf of the school. EB asks all families to volunteer ten hours over the course of a school year. There are many opportunities to volunteer, both at the classroom level and school-wide, and we hope that you will participate in activities that your family enjoys.
Learn more about volunteering on the PA website or by emailing the Parents’ Association at email@example.com. You can also fill out our volunteer preference survey (link to come). Here are some ways to volunteer:
Every classroom has different needs throughout the year; you may be able to assist with one or more of these!
- Being a room representative (interested? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Driving for field trips
- Helping teachers with prep work
- Sharing a special skill
- Bringing food for classroom events
- Helping kids get to school safely in morning carpool (K-G5 parents)
- Being an Annual Fund volunteer (help out on your own time!)
School wide event opportunities
Volunteering to help plan and execute up the many events organized by the PA and Development Department is a great way to get involved and be a part of EB’s diverse community.
- World Celebrations Day – Sunday, September 30, 2018
- Family & Friends Day – Tuesday, November 20 2018
- Run-a-Thon – Thursday, February 7, 2019
- Faculty & Staff Happy Hour! – Friday March 8, 2018
- Auction and Gala – Saturday April 6, 2019
- La Place du Marché – Sunday May 19, 2018
Donate to the school
Another way you can actively support the school is by giving to the Annual Fund early and generously. Like all other independent schools across the country, EB runs an Annual Fund campaign to help bridge the gap between tuition revenues and the full cost of education per student. This year, EB recommends a tax-deductible gift of $1,950 per child. Gifts of any amount are deeply appreciated; we thank you in advance for participating to the best of your ability.
Learn more about donating at EB: