Annual Fund Frequently Asked Questions
EB’s Board of Trustees is committed to keeping tuition competitive. One way to accomplish this is to increase revenue through gift income, a standard practice at all US independent schools. Currently, the Annual Fund provides approximately 3% of EB’s operating budget, which is roughly 6% lower than other average Bay Area independent schools. Annual Fund gifts can be advantageous for families as they are:
- Tax deductible
- Adjustable to each family’s financial comfort
- Eligible for corporate matching
- A demonstration of community support to outside foundations, donors, and grant providers
- High parent participation is seen as a vote of confidence—a sign that parents and the entire EB community support the school’s mission and its children.
- It inspires outside funding sources, such as foundations that support capital campaigns and similar efforts. These organizations gauge the worth and impact of their grants on the community’s own commitment to the school.
- Participation is also leveraged through corporate matching programs, where a single donation can be multiplied.
- EB is evaluated for accreditation by the NAIS and CAIS (National - and California Associations of Independent Schools), during which time parent participation and giving are considered as an indicator of a vital and supported school community.
Every gift, whether large or small, has an important impact on the operations, health and spirit of our school.
Yes! EB is a registered 501(c)(3) organization. Our tax ID number is: 94 242 7286.
The Development Office is pleased to answer any questions you may have about the Annual Fund, or to assist you in making a donation. Contact:
Florence Kragen (firstname.lastname@example.org) 510-809-0605, Director of Development
Mei-Lin Ha Byers (email@example.com) 510-809-0636, Associate Director of Development & Alumni Relations
Véronique Jordan (firstname.lastname@example.org) 510-809-0619, Development Assistant