Elementary School Teacher
Job Title: Elementary School Teacher, Ecole Bilingue DBA Ecole Bilingue de Berkeley, CA
Ecole Bilingue is an independent school offering bilingual French/English education following the French national curriculum for elementary school children, as mandated by French Ministry of Education. The elementary school teacher will teach elementary school classes in French language.
- Classes include reading, language arts, social studies, mathematics, science, art, health, physical education, and/or music to students in a classroom, utilizing course of study, goals, and objectives adopted by Ecole Bilingue.
- Develop schemes of work and lesson plans in line with curriculum objectives and the individual needs of each student.
- Develop and foster the appropriate skills and social abilities to enable the optimum development of children, according to age, ability and aptitude.
- Challenge and inspire students to help them deepen their knowledge and understanding.
- Evaluate student progress and communicate with parents.
- Organize the classroom and learning resources to create a positive learning environment.
- Maintain order in classroom and on playground.
- Participate in faculty meetings.
- Apply the principles and pedagogy of the national French curriculum for elementary school children as mandated by French Ministry of Education.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in education and 2 years’ experience teaching at pre-school or elementary level in French language. Experience teaching abroad. Proficiency in French language. Teaching credentials
Resumes to be mailed to Ecole Bilingue de Berkeley/Head of School/HR, job#0607, 1009 Heinz Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94710.